Set goals for a better-quality life.
What is it you want in life?
How do you want to feel?
How do you want to show up in this life?
Creating a vision on what you would like your outcome to be is important in keeping yourself on track. Part of your sub conscious mind cannot tell the difference between something real or imagined so visualisation creates pathways in the brain in the same way as physically doing something does. Research shows that by using the visual cortex system in this way, helps us to focus on the goals we want to achieve.
Successful people see their outcome…sports people use this system to focus on winning and achieving the best result. Mohammed Ali used this system to mental prepare in the ring – we all know how successful he became. We don’t have to be sports people to use our brain chemistry to our advantage and to get what we want in life.
You cannot control the external environment -The only thing you can control in life is your emotions which will enhance the quality of your life. It will help you to be better in relationships, negotiations, business and other areas of your life.
Three stages to work with when using visualisation for goal setting:
- Relaxation…. put yourself into a relaxed state by listening to meditation music
- Visualisation…. once relaxed visualise how you would like your life to be in pictures. See them in colour, notice how they make you feel.
- self- talk…use positive language such as ‘I can do this’, ‘I am going to do this’, ‘every day I am getting stronger and stronger,
- ‘I am feeling more and more confident’.
Think about the language you use and what you say to yourself every day. Incorporate words that have a positive effect on you emotionally:
Everything is happening for me not to me,
Whatever happens I am going to be ok;
This too shall pass,
I can see myself doing that,
Problems are gifts…They show you are alive!
Energy is habit,
What is it you want in your life…visualise it … how does it make you feel?
- What is your short term/long term goals for 2022?
- What do you need to start doing or stop doing?
Take massive action with your goals…. knowledge is only worthwhile if we implement it
Having belief and trusting in your brain that whatever you focus on you can achieve.
Create a future that has purpose and meaning for you!
Put yourself first.
- Who have you been and who are you becoming now?
- Who do you ultimately need to become this year in order to achieve what you want?
- What will you need to do in order to achieve it?
- Where are you right now in your work, career, business,
- Where do you want to be?
- What do you need to do to close the gap?
The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships…they can be our biggest joy and pain.
It Starts with You first! Take back your control and be the best version of you to make yourself proud first.
We cannot control the environment or others but we can control HOW WE REACT TO SITUATIONS
- Write down everything you want in a relationship and who you have to become to attract that person.
If you could be anyone, how would you be?
If you could do anything, what would you be doing?
It’s the small boring things we practice each day that leads us to greater things…. imagine what our teeth would look like if we didn’t brush them every day.
Think of your thoughts as you would of brushing your teeth…. every day.
Thoughts determine your actions which determine your life and the direction you want to go.
A good idea is to have a ‘visionary board’ …cut out magazine pics and stick them on a board or a large sheet of paper…it is something that you can focus on every day – you can see where you are now and where you want to be.